Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Charlie St. Cloud


I get it, he smolders, and I bought the "what would Efron do" bracelet. But I get the feeling that someone thought they could get away with putting a smoldering dude in a pretty town by the sea, throw is some unbearably heartbreaking moments, a lighthouse, geese and we would care. Well, I'm sure a lot of us will, but something was not quite there. I think the story line was much more basic than I thought it would be. I have to begrudgingly admit that Efron did a great job. The real killer, and keep in mind that this could be the drama killer that stunted my viewing, was that the kid Charlie Tahan was.... SPOILER: the spitting image of Steve Zahn. I mean, mannerisms and everything. They essentially shrunk him, tied up whatever cute kid they'd gotten to do the movie, and ran with the Zahn. Its downright creepy. The cinematography is delicious, though I suspect some of the vistas are CGI. I'd give it a B but I really thought I'd be balling my eyes out. Maybe he's just too pretty to feel bad for.



Creepy.

No comments:

Post a Comment