Saturday, July 17, 2010

Taking Pictures Makes Me Happy


I'm far from being the only one, but I take a lot of pictures. In fact I made it a professional hobby of mine. I can't help but be self conscious about it because honestly every single thing I see gets a little piece of me. Life is a photo shoot that blinking gets in the way of. I give my eyes to it, and it gives me something back. The "ugliest" things can be beautiful, the darkest corners find light. The moments, they don't last. That moment I capture is a piece of me now, and it will never exist on its own again. It only exists in the minds of those who perceive it and photos are a way of holding them. In many ways, a fear of growing old, of loss, or the need to collect things can make a good photographer, but I hope I become a great one because of my desire to bring life to the world that goes untouched by perception.
Imagination takes many forms and giving in to the life in the world around you enriches the soul and through photos, sets the flames of enlightenment.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome post. This exemplifies everything anyone who has an affair with photography can relate to!

    ReplyDelete